Apricot kernel oil is an extraordinarily versatile and skin-friendly oil. It is naturally high in Vitamin E which boosts the skin’s ability to retain elasticity and clarity by helping to protect cells from damaging free radicals (such as environmental pollutants), promoting a more radiant complexion. The oil’s natural linoleic acid (omega 6) content strengthens the skin’s barrier function and its oleic acid (omega 9) content softens skin and gives a satin-like feel and safe to use on babies.
Sourced from: Spain.
Skin Type: suitable for all skin types
Ideal for: sensitive skin, baby skin
Extraction method: expeller pressing of the seed (stone) of the ripe apricot fruit
Uses on skin:
- The high “Anti Inflammatory” Omega 6 content of this oil makes it a great oil that is tolerated very well by people with sensitive skin
- Gentle & protective enough to use on babies
- Great for anti aging & skin rejuvenation as it smoothens out fine lines & wrinkles.
- When used under the eye it can help reduce dark circles & reduce puffiness & fine lines
- It is a good moisturizer to use in creams & oil blends keeping the skin hydrated & enhances skin elasticity keeping it soft & smooth
- Apricot kernel can be used as an oil cleanser for sensitive skin
- Good for body massage as it is absorbed slowly by the skin over 20 minutes to an hour without any greasiness
- It has photo-protective effects due to polyphenols content.
- It improves collagen retention & production, diminishing signs of aging
Uses on Hair:
- It can help to nourish the hair shaft and detangle the hair.
- Apricot Kernel Oil has a slight astringency, which will firm the scalp and hair follicles. This is stimulating and can help to reduce hair loss.
- Massaging the oil in can restore comfort and flexibility to an irritated scalp.
- The Omega 9 content of Apricot Kernel Oil is useful to help keep your hair dandruff free and also strengthens the hair shaft.
- For external use only
- Store in a cool dark place